This tutorial demonstrates how to utilize ArgoCD’s external links to seamlessly hop from a specific K8s resource on Argo to its parallel on Komodor. This is meant to reduce friction and context-swtiching when troubleshooting incidents.
Komodor is a continuous reliability platform for Kubernetes that collects all changes and events across your system, provides a coherent timeline view, and offers actionable insights for remediation.
ArgoCD can generate clickable links to external pages for a resource based on per resource annotation.
Adding a Komodor dynamic link to ArgoCD will generate a direct link from an ArgoCD application to the relevant workload in Komodor, based on the Kubernetes workload resources annotation.
Thus providing a way to quickly get the full context of an incident and resolve it end-to-end with minimal effort.
Why use Komodor on top of ArgoCD?¶
- To resolve incidents in complex and distributed environments you need full context which can only be understood by looking at changes and events over time
- Komodor provides visibility to all resources and not only ArgoCD managed apps
- Komodor can compliment Argo with more capabilities dedicated specifically for rapid incident response.
- Installed ArgoCD
- Installed Komodor
- Add annotations to the requested Kubernetes workload resources
- The URL should follow the structure bellow
- Open the ArgoCD application details page and make sure that the external link icon is visible for the respective resource
- Click on the external link icon to directly hop onto the relevant workload in Komodor.